- How do I start/finish a live teaching session?
- How do I take notes and provide written feedback during a live session?
- What are all those icons and buttons in the note editor for?
- How do I use the LO board during a live session?
- What do all those controls in a live teaching session mean?
- How do I finish a live teaching session?
- Where do I write what the homework is?
TERMINOLOGY: the term “session” is used throughout the system to mean “lesson”, “meeting”, or “class”. This helps to avoid confusion as not all online meetings are lessons. Some are “just calls with or without notes that you need to keep track of”, and some are entries which summarize conversations, either synchronous or asynchronous that happened outside the system (eg field trips).
STEP 1 To teach a session, you need to plan and create one.
- Go to Session Management to learn how to schedule a session.
TERMINOLOGY: the term “LO” is used throughout the system to mean “a learning object” or “a slide” that can be shown on the board while sessions are in progress. Please note that the plural form of LO is normally irregular: LO (just like the plural form of “euro” is usually “euro”), and the pronunciation of the term also rhymes with “euro”.’
STEP 2 After creating a session, you need to add content aka LO.
- Go to LOD (the Learning Object Database) to create and/or edit LO (Learning Objects).
STEP 3 Once you have scheduled a session and added LO to it, you have to teach it.
- Go to Live Session Controls to learn to use them.
You will also need to learn how to use the ELN Editor for note-taking purposes.